Tuesday 16 February 2010

DCC and me


Lenz Set 100 DCC, originally uploaded by nevardmedia.

A very kind benefactor has kindly long-term-loaned me what I gather is a very good DCC system to mess about with in the form of a Lenz Set 100 DCC set up.

The plan therefore is to buy some chips for my modern diesel stock which is mainly DCC ready - the 'ready' bit is very important, because electical stuff really is not my forte.

Luckily Cement Quay, bar a couple of sidings can all be 'turned on' which should allow a simple changeover. I will however make sure at the flick of a switch I'm able to convert back to DC - why, because occasionally I like to run a steam era scenario - many locomotives of which would be a nightmare to convert because they're so old.

My wife the other day even said that she liked sound fitted locomotives - what a sweetie! At least when I save up some pennies I won't need to smuggle the offending 'noisy loco' into the house and only operate it when she it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    First German rolling stock on your layout, now this... :-)

    Good luck with going digital.
    We use Lenz at the club and our N-scale layout "Louise-Marie" runs with the same system you just loaned.
    We've equipped every loco with a decoder. Steam and diesel, old and new, and once you get the hang of putting in decoders it's quite easy to do.
    If you want more info, just let me know...

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.