Friday 12 August 2011

Land Reclaim

nevard_110812_cementQ_IMG_0716_WEB by nevardmedia
nevard_110812_cementQ_IMG_0716_WEB, a photo by nevardmedia on Flickr.

For the photo here of a Ruston Bucyrus I'm working on for Model Rail mag I poured a pile of sand onto the watery bit that ran until very recently along the front of Cement Quay Old Gravel Wharf. I was so taken with the look that I now want to build a small gravel pit layout.

I already have enough model railways so getting planning permission would be almost impossible, so instead I have decided to reclaim some the wharf area as seen above. Here we see the intital work using some 5mm foamboard to form the sub-structure of the gravel pit which will feature a spoil heaps and a large pile of gravel piled up to dry before transfering to rail. I might even include a little section of narrow gauge railway and another aerial conveyor.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's quite a bold move !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to leave it removable? That would be a great modular concept.

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.