Saturday 2 September 2017

Working in Card


I've been asked to 'enhance' a Metcalfe printed card kit. Mostly involves adding card overlays to formerly printed detail along with a slap of paint. I hold my hand up to the quoins not being quite right. The water tower and chimney buildings have yet to be treated, hopefully a job for this weekend.
The 'olive', on the top of the tower will be replaced with a weather vane when I source or fabricate one.

Here's the very well designed kit https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product/po284-00-h0-boilerhouse-factory-entrance/

Click on the photos above and below for a much bigger version...

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting work! Could it become a Model Rail article?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so much better. I had a feeling that the already good kits could be made into great buildings.

    ReplyDelete

All posts will be approved before they go live, posts from spammers will be deleted and marked as spam.